Welcome

The purpose of this blog is to keep friends, family and support team members up to date on the progress of ministry at Christ Community Church (PCA) and of the things that we are learning in the process. Please take some time to read through a few of the posts.

- Zack Carden

Get E-mail Notifications of New Posts

Google Groups Subscribe to The Cardens' Blog Network
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Friday, July 18, 2008

Nomad

I feel a little like a nomad. I've lived in borrowed apartments, borrowed homes, and even a Motel 6. Also, I've seen more of I-75 between here and Atlanta than I care too. So I've felt a little "homeless". It gives me a new appreciation for what Abraham must've felt like moving around so much. Or even the Lord who said, "Birds have nests and foxes have dens, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head".

I'm happy to announce that on July 25th, my family will be joining me in Atlanta. We will be living in a borrowed home for a little while. The Lord has provided this amazing place to live through a member of our new church and her parents. Her parents own the home which has been on the market now for almost three years. So we are going to become caretakers of sorts paying utilities and keeping the inside and outside cleaned up until the home sells. This has been an incredible blessing.

We also have a contract on our home. Now, before you stop praying, let me tell you that it is far from a done deal. It is an odd contract, but our realtor assures us that "odd" is common in this recession market. So keep praying that everything will work out according to the Lord's will.

Should our house sell, we will likely try to negotiate rent at the house in which we will be staying and look to find a permanent home sometime in December (unless that house sells before then).

We are also beginning our recruitment phase for the new ministry year beginning this Sunday. We are adding a Sunday School hour (which is new for the church) and there are many details to get hammered out. So please be in prayer for that.

I will also be preaching on Sunday July 27th following our move so pray that I will be "all together" and well prepared for that.

Thank you again for your love and support. I will follow up soon with another blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A house just went on the market across the street from us if you guys are still looking :). I don't know the address, but it's on Shillings Chase Dr.,NW in Kennesaw (30152).

-chris