Welcome

The purpose of this blog is to keep friends, family and support team members up to date on the progress of ministry at Christ Community Church (PCA) and of the things that we are learning in the process. Please take some time to read through a few of the posts.

- Zack Carden

Get E-mail Notifications of New Posts

Google Groups Subscribe to The Cardens' Blog Network
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Long Time...No Blog

I apologize for my lack of blogging in the past couple of weeks. I've been working at a feverish pace and trying to keep my head above water. I wanted to update all of you on how things have been going so far.
This week is VBS. How in the world do we have VBS without a building? We have it in back yards! We have about four houses in about an 7+ mile radius from the church that are host houses. There are a lot of neighborhood kids who come and the whole event is really focused mainly upon the unchurched. As I was talking to the pastor we were both wondering aloud if we really even wanted to utilize the facility for VBS even when one is built. The reason is that it is so wonderful to have it at homes and in a way were unchurched kids don't feel as awkward.
Sign ups indicated that about 100 kids are involved, but we will see what the numbers are toward the end. They tend to snowball as momentum builds during the week. On Monday I visited all four sites briefly. On Tuesday I spent the whole time at a host home and will do the same for the other three host homes during the rest of the week.
On Tuesday I was able to spend a little more time with kids from the youth group. Some of them were working the VBS and others I offered to meet at Sonic on Tuesday for a time just to hang out and get to know them. I was able to meet a few of them today. They are really great kids.
For the past few weeks I've been eating dinners with different families. It has been great to network and get to know these famililes and their kids. I've had dinners with youth families and families with young children. So my typical day stars around 8:30AM and ends around 8:30PM and sometimes I will come back to my apartment and work on some things for the next day.
I have been traveling back and forth to Chattanooga. Christ Community has been gracious enough to let me go home on Wednesday in the evening and return Saturday in the evening. This week is a little different because I'm in town for VBS all week. So it is a bit of a longer stretch until I see Tennyson and the kids again. That is, honestly, the hardest part; not seeing my family as much.
We've quite a few showings on the house, but no offers as of yet. We are optimistic that the Lord will bring a buyer along soon and in His timing. Continue to pray that the Lord will choose to do so soon.
Besides the prayer for our home to sell, pray also for the children this week who will be impacted by VBS. We will have a picnic after church on Sunday at the park across the street from where the church meets. We are hoping to connect with a few new families there.
Thank you again for your prayers. I can almost "feel" them. I will do my best to keep the blog updated on a more regular basis.
Zack

Type rest of the post here

No comments: