Welcome

The purpose of this blog is to keep friends, family and support team members up to date on the progress of ministry at Christ Community Church (PCA) and of the things that we are learning in the process. Please take some time to read through a few of the posts.

- Zack Carden

Get E-mail Notifications of New Posts

Google Groups Subscribe to The Cardens' Blog Network
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Prayer, Our House and the Number 26

Many have wondered how you can pray for us. The biggest way you can pray right now is to pray for our house to sell so that we can purchase a house in Atlanta. It is an incredibly difficult time to sell a house as many of you know. The market in Chattanooga is decent, but it is still very slow. Please pray for us that we will be able to sell our house quickly. I'm setting a date of May 26th. That is what I'm focusing on in my prayers. I know that the Lord is fully and completely able to provide a contract on our house by that time. The reason I say the 26th is that Tennyson and I have a history of doing big things on the 26th. Most of the time we haven't even planned it that way.
Our first date was on January 26th. I believe I proposed on December 23rd, because my father-in-law's birthday was on the 26th and it would've been too easy to guess that I would propose on the 24th or 24th. We were married on July 26th (which interestingly enough was my grandfather's birthday). We moved to St. Louis for seminary on June 26th. I believe we closed on our first house on the 26th. There are quite a few that I know I'm forgetting.
For this reason I'm setting a date of BEFORE May 26th as a time to have a contract on our house. That is 13 days from today (May 13th) and it is on a Monday. So pray with me that the Lord would bless us with a contract on our house before May 26th.
I am fully aware that the Lord may intend to have our house sell after that date. That is His perogative. However, we can always ask if such timing is in agreement with His Sovereign will. I know one thing to be true, however, the Lord delights to answer the prayers of His children in a way that brings glory only to Himself. To God alone be the glory.

No comments: